Friday, December 15, 2006

we've got to protect the nation from bland food!

so, there was some wind here yesterday. and some rain. a buttload of rain. over 2" in a 24 hour period. by the time i walked home from my office, there was water pouring down my legs into my rubber boots.

it was a bad night to buy toilet paper.

supposedly, there were gusts to 50 mph in seattle, but only one tree on my street was down. one tree. can you guess what that one tree happened to fall on? i wish i had a digital camera so i could take a picture of it. a brand-new fucking mercedes. of all the cars on the street, that's the one it fell on. which is great because that fucker can probably afford to buy another car to replace his mercedes that got destroyed by an act of god. maybe he can only afford a geo metro, but i'm sure he can afford at least that.

3 Comments:

Blogger Ryland said...

Yeah, it was pretty damn windy/rainy in Portland as well. I left work after only a half hour because the power was out. And at midnight, when things were coming to a head, Jason (my roommate) and I climbed up Mt. Tabor, which had a couple downed trees. The wind at the top was, as they say, quite strong.

2:51 PM  
Blogger l said...

ha, ha. someone else took a picture of that car on my street--picture #5 on the storm damage photos slide show:
http://www.king5.com/topstories/stories/NW_121506WABstorm_poweroutagesDS.f148d0b.html

3:44 PM  
Blogger Jonny said...

Its been about 60 degrees, sunny, and calm here for a week.

8:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home