Thursday, January 10, 2008

new leaf

i'm starting fresh. getting shit done is the new thing, no fucking around. except for this. i'm submitting abstracts to conferences i should present at, but i don't have any real results yet.

ahem.

i'm going to berlin to meet with a guy to do my ph.d. with and apparently i'm going to give a talk when i'm there about my master's work. i'm not really sure how that happened. it was early in the morning and i didn't really understand what was being asked of me, i guess. or just didn't really know how to get out of it. but he's paying for my airfare and hotel, so that's sweet.

i can get my own fuck wristband now, on someone else's tab.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jonny said...

I'm pretty sure the elusive "real results" don't exist.

"Dissertations aren't finished, they're abandoned."
- Fred Brooks

I don't know who Fred Brooks is, but he hit that nail on the head.

12:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home