Tuesday, September 11, 2007

barely in love with these lies

home.



(the wagon has left me far behind, but i'm fucking awake. lv was sleeping and reading, no daylight, all that. ignoring the pull of the bed right now, inhaling caffeine, hidng from my hunger, pretending cigarettes are people: falling in love for eight minutes at a time, basking in the smoke, relishing the polluted body, savoring the hurt. taking a last painful draw, casting it aside and swearing off future trysts. forgetting my promises within minutes, mindlessly lighting up another life. pressing repeat to save my soul.

i resent being awake right now. fucking christ. but i'm in my own goddam room, and i can leave whenever i want, make noise, hole up, etc. life in the breakdown lane.

i love the fuckin' eagles, man.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home