Tuesday, August 08, 2006

laughing and crying; quoting.

I try to make myself realize that I have learned the difference between right and wrong. That there is such a thing as right and wrong. But instead I've learned that these are things - this "right," this "wrong" - these are things that we are told. Simply told to believe. These are things we have not tested. And while most of the things we are told may be true, it is not until we have tested them, taunted them, flaunted them, that we truly know they are right. Or wrong. Or true. Or false. Or somewhere in-the-fucking-between. And I think I know now a little better which is which. And I also know I'll never quit testing this world. I'll never rely on common knowledge. Or common denominators. Or even common sense, for that matter. To do so would be too, well, common.

So, I'll keep dancing in my costumes. Day and night. And I won't sleep as much as I should. And I will drink more than I should. And maybe, as I'm twirling and glittering, playing a retarded game of hide and seek in the middle of an open field, maybe, just maybe, whatever happoens next will be bigger, and I will forget that which seems so huge to me right now.

- genius passage from 'I Am Not Myself These Days' by Josh Kilmer-Purcell.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jonny said...

Oh, that wasn't you writting that. The only thing that seemed odd was the lack of "Mt. Dew" after "drinking to much."

12:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home