Tuesday, October 24, 2006

11 roses/7 days

Oh yeah, this site lets me post my own stuff. I'll have to remember that.

I'm a month into PSUdo grad school and am having my first exam tomorrow. In-class, closed-note, 50 minutes. "Memorize this." What the fuck? Good thing they don't record grades at this school.

It's way weird how I spend like 90% of my interpersonal time either at PSU (or Dignity Village as they say) or teaching tweaked-out kids. As far as the world knows that's who I am. Which is I guess becoming a pretty big part. But nobody else knows how homeless/ftw/johncusack I really am.

Just keep saying you're johncusack and it'll come true. Initiate ballcap era. Pretend Cusack's never worn a leather jacket. I'm in.

This whole bizarre work/skoo lifestyle is nicely complemented by the fact that I live with a high school friend and we have a TV in our living room that's on more often than movies+never.

More suspicious than 11 roses,

Week-er than 7 days,

Gandalf

11 Comments:

Blogger Ryland said...

PS - I'm told that 11 is known in some parts as the "Jewish dozen."

8:29 PM  
Blogger Ryland said...

PPS-Some parts being this website.

8:29 PM  
Blogger Jesse said...

"It would be nice to think that since I was 14, times have changed. Relationships have become more sophisticated. Females less cruel. Skins thicker. Instincts more developed. But there seems to be an element of that afternoon in everything that's happened to me since. All my romantic stories are a scrambled version of that first one."

12:19 PM  
Blogger Jonny said...

FTW= for the win?

I know you asshole, don't hide behind that PSU/teaching facade.

My only real friends around here are from MIDDLE SCHOOL. So there. Oh, except the one I imported. ^.^

The internet, FTW.

12:23 PM  
Blogger Jonny said...

Oh ya, fck th wrld.

And yeah ry, this is YOUR virtual kitchen table. Don't let the orderliness of maturation let it go bare.

5:40 PM  
Blogger l said...

the post-doc in my lab is recounting a near-miss he had cycling to work this morning for the second time. he's on the phone this time. before he told it to another dude in my office. he hasn't directly told it to me but i can't help but listen and it's an awesome story.

i'm glad he hasn't told it to me directly. i think i like overhearing better.

6:08 PM  
Blogger Jesse said...

'orderliness of maturation.' i like that. right now i'm in the midst of the 'discombobulation of disease.' i think i've leaked a liter or so of snot today. i haven't left the house, and it's getting WEIRD in here. listening to old beck, in my pjs. watched garden state. feverish and SCREAMY.

10:25 PM  
Blogger Jonny said...

^^^ did we just get our first spam? Score!

10:49 AM  
Blogger Jesse said...

um, excuse me jonny, but she's clearly talking to ryland.

in hawaii, they EAT spam.

11:59 AM  
Blogger l said...

i think we (everyone but ryland) should just post here now. ryland can post on the main page thing if he wants.

in greenland, they eat narwhals.

5:59 PM  
Blogger Semi-Employed Theorist said...

I will fight all of you. I'm not afraid anymore!

11:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home