Friday, September 14, 2007

Gratitude



I'm grateful for:

1. Snotty quotes. Like "Anyone who cannot cope with mathematics is not fully human. At best he is a tolerable sub-human who has learned to wear shoes, bathe, and not make messes in the house." - Robert Heinlein. Cause fuck 'em, that's why. (And needless to say, this quote will epigraph the syllabus for the math class I'm teaching.)

2. "Remember me" boxes on websites that make me feel like somebody is paying attention.

3. Jesse's prose.

4. Jonathan's old haircut.

5. The stillborn remorse of my twice-vindicated soul.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jesse said...

1. ryland's old watch (which i stole) ticking in my darkened room.

2. january's red bag.

3. sammy's nj dirt on said bag.

4. jonny's keychain.

5. liz's telephone.

6:22 PM  
Blogger Jonny said...

Is Heinlein the one who wrote starship troopers?

Ok, I'm on the internet, that's a silly question... Yes, yes he is.

That book was full of great nuggets like that. He feels very strongly about things.

4:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home