Sunday, November 26, 2006

and your friends sing along and they love you

The only reason people lie to you and don't trust you is that they're afraid of you. Afraid you might take their little mountaintop perch in the world. But I'll tell you anything you want to know, just ask. I'm not afraid of you. Come and get me.

Ever notice how everything we ever post on here either is or could be a Rilo Kiley lyric?

One of my students has developed so much confidence and maturity in the three months that I've known him that I know I'll never let myself have a less fulfilling job than this. My only professional goal is to avoid any situation where I'm just selling my time for money. And, bitch as I may about having to work on the Man's schedule, I am in that zone these days. I didn't realize that til I started this paragraph.

we'll be:
awake
alert
positive
real good listeners
honest
brave
happy

2 Comments:

Blogger Jesse said...

i think i just felt my dick twitch.

as they say.

10:58 AM  
Blogger Jonny said...

Man, I need some of that. Working with test tubes suxors, I want some students.

9:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home