Monday, May 21, 2007

Muahahah

Original e-mail:


2007 Mandatory SAA Fellowship Insurance

As a participant in the mandatory Student Health Insurance Plan during the academic year 2006-2007, you are receiving the attached information as an update on the plan for the upcoming academic year.

As an SAA appointed at 37.5% FTE or greater or a fellowship recipient with an award of $3,077 or more for fall 2007, you will automatically be enrolled unless you complete a waiver and submit it with proof of comparable insurance coverage. A waiver form must be completed for each semester.

If you have any questions after reading the attached information, please feel free to contact me.

Pam Vaughn

Data Systems Analyst

Office of Academic Personnel

Policies & Services

Bryan Hall 016

Bloomington

812.855.3341


Resulting hilarity:





So, a bunch of people started replying "take me off the list" or "i'm insured, don't make me have more insurance, here is my personal ID number." As I'm posting this, more e-mails are comming in, mostly "don't reply to all" or "stop clogging my inbox" (sent to everyone). And other new messages to the list about the propper e-mailing techniques. I really want to reply to all with something like "just wanted to say hi."

2 Comments:

Blogger Jonny said...

So, I'm not the only one that thinks this is hillarious:

Hello all-

It is generally considered polite when a group of people are planning
on having a large email thread for individuals to add their comments
to the bottom of the previous set of emails, rather than at the top.
This allows the large set of people reading emails to easily see where
the conversation has been before, and better follow where it is going.

I have posted this at the top of this message only in keeping with the
conventions of this thread so far.

I look forward to a long, insightful string of messages on this and
other topics related to SAA.

PS- I have included below a really interesting oppertunity that I
thought people would like to know about:

------


Dear Respected One,

GREETINGS,

Permit me to inform you of my desire of going into business
relationship with you. I got your contact from the International web
site directory. I prayed over it and selected your name among other
names due to it's esteeming nature and the recommendations given to me
as a reputable and trust worthy person I can do business with and by
the recommendations I must not hesitate to confide in you for this
simple and sincere business.

I am Wumi Abdul; the only Daughter of late Mr and Mrs George Abdul. My
father was a very wealthy cocoa merchant in Abidjan,the economic
capital of Ivory Coast before he was poisoned to death by his business
associates on one of their outing to discus on a business deal. When
my mother died on the 21st October 1984, my father took me and my
younger brother HASSAN special because we are motherless. Before the
death of my father on 30th June 2002 in a private hospital here in
Abidjan. He secretly called me on his bedside and told me that he has
a sum of $12.500.000 (Twelve Million, five hundred thousand dollars)
left in a suspense account in a local Bank here in Abidjan, that he
used my name as his first Daughter for the next of kin in deposit of
the fund.

He also explained to me that it was because of this wealth and some
huge amount of money his business associates supposed to balance his
from the deal they had that he was poisoned by his business
associates, that I should seek for a God fearing foreign partner in a
country of my choice where I will transfer this money and use it for
investment purpose, (such as real estate management). Sir, we are
honourably seeking your assistance in the following ways.

1) To provide a Bank account where this money would be transferred to.

2) To serve as the guardian of this since I am a girl of 26 years.

Moreover Sir, we are willing to offer you 15% of the sum as
compensation for effort input after the successful transfer of this
fund to your designate account overseas. please feel free to contact
,me via this email address
*

Anticipating to hear from you soon.
Thanks and God Bless.
Best regards.
Miss Wumi Abdul




and another:

But apparently not simple enough for some of the brightest grad
students on this campus. This is really fun. Please keep sending
complaints about sending stuff.

Quoting Skyler Place <>:

> Dear Everyone,
>
> Please stop responding to this e-mail. Aarti who sent the original reply
> accidentally replied to the whole listserv () .
> there is no need for everyone to write back. it was a simple mistake.

11:39 AM  
Blogger Jonny said...

Ok, I have to quick dickin around and go back to work.

11:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home