Thursday, October 04, 2007

church of latter-day pheidippides

i head to p-town tomorrow afternoon on the ever-increasingly despised 'hound to run a marathon i feel ready for in only the most abstract way.

i don't even know what that sentance means.

but patrick gave me some amazing diesel sunglasses and i'll have my ipod with me to protect myself from the masses.

training hasn't been going well, but i'm banking on everything coming together in a miraculous way on sunday and having those 26.2 miles whip by faster than ever before. well, faster than i've ever run 26.2 miles before. which would really be something, honestly.

everyone should watch the movie "darkstar." it was made by john carpenter when he was in film school and ends before it starts to get on your nerves; something more sci-fi movies should learn to do.

5 Comments:

Blogger l said...

i'm pooping my pants with excitement.

or nerves.

or an EPEC infection.

1:13 PM  
Blogger l said...

the night before and i feel like a superhero

8:10 PM  
Blogger Jonny said...

Oh ya, damn.

SO. I read this yesterday, and had some GENIUS comments typed in, but when I hit publish, my internet had gone out, so it didn't go. So, now, I forget what I said, and I just have to leave this tribute comment, I guess...

Oh ya-
Did you win?

2:26 PM  
Blogger l said...

if winning means slightly spraining your ankle in the first mile, having to shit repeatedly, throwing up at mile 10 and then dropping out, then yes, i won.

moral of the story:
antibiotics and marathons don't mix.

4:18 PM  
Blogger Jonny said...

Wow, yes, I'd say that counts as winning.

12:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home