Thursday, January 11, 2007

everywhere is walking distance if you've got time

i'm going to go down to the "atrium" in half an hour and get in on the eats and drinks provided by my deparment for this seminar-series thing, even though i am not in the seminar.

i just ended an extremely frustrating phone call with my dad. he tries to convince me i should only live in the u-district and anytime i tell him i'm looking for a house in one of the neighboring neighborhoods that are nicer to live in because they don't contain shittons of filthy undergrads he says, "well that's kind of far away." that's the point. undergrads are greatly deterred by things like mass transit, but i am not. my dad argues that the grad students who live outside the u-district probably have cars. my dad knows shit. i know other grad students. they don't have cars. they do crazy things like take the bus or ride a bike.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jonny said...

I live as far away as anyone. Old people have cars, but the undergrads ride the bus. I bike, and I took the bus once. Its no problem. Really dad, chill out.

9:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home