Wednesday, October 24, 2007

end of an era

i came into the office this morning to see 15 emails from my advisor relating to the class i ta next quarter. from now until june, that's all it's going to be.

i talked to my mom last night. she had to have my horse put down on friday but couldn't handle calling me until then. we had her for 17 years, which is a pretty big motherfucking piece of time to have an animal. she was two months older than me and while i knew this was coming sometime in the not-so-distant future, it still shocks me. i'm also surprisingly sad, given that i didn't really get along with her or even ride her that much in the last 10 years and she bit me (badly) more than once.

my great-aunt also died, and so i'm dealing with the guilt that when my mom told me about my relative dying (first) i wasn't that sad as i wasn't that close to her and knew she was going to die, but when my mom told me about my horse, i spent the next hour crying with her over the phone.



but america's next top model is on tonight and jesse is coming to seattle this weekend, so things are looking up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home